So here we are... I have no idea where this is going to go, or how it will get there, but it should be interesting to find out.
I suppose the first thing I should tell you is a few things about me, for those too lazy to read my account; I live in Warwick in the UK and I am in the middle of a few things, I'll probably write about them now and then:
- A part-time MSc in Control Engineering. This came about after an argument with a (now ex) girlfriend where we split up for a while, I decided that I would need something to do, and decided, for want of a better expression, to "improve myself" in a way that might make me more useful at work (q.v.). At the time of writing I have about 9 months left to go (which will be taken up with my project, this will involve some Matlab and the report for which will have to be written in LaTeX).
- Teaching myself to play the guitar (this has been going on for about 6 years), one day I expect I'll get around to paying someone for a lesson.
- Relearning to play the cornet (I first learnt at school, a few years ago now).
- Running a photography business.
- Sitting on the board of a high technology company that is in the field of electric vehicle design and engineering. Primarily I'm responsible for all electrical and electronic systems activities, but I also have some input into other areas, such as customer service and information systems.
Something I'm planning to add to the above is that I want to work through, "http://www1.idc.ac.il/tecs/ so feel free to join in if you'd like to.