Tuesday 10 April 2012

Stay on target!

OK so I'm now into the implementation phase of my MSc project - see my previous post on the fuzzy transform for what I was doing a while ago. Because my end-result is for a device to go into a vehicle I need to work in an embedded environment (my target environment) to accurately determine the capability of my system.  If you're interested the target platform I'll be using it's called the Olimexino-STM32 and it's made by Olimex.

Over the last few weeks I've found that there's an active community developing small systems using this and other devices, which is useful since it means there are other people doing things that I can learn from and also ensure that I don't inadvertently replicate anything that's already being worked on.

As part of my project I need to do some prediction work, one way of doing this is the method of least squares, and I've described an approach to it in the linked PDF:  Using least squares with a linear system

Whether this is the approach I'll end up with is debatable, as the fuzzy transform may still have a few treats in store for me!

Creative Commons Licence
'Using least squares with a linear system' by Iain Cunningham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment