Friday 2 December 2011

This is new...

From Evernote:

This is new...

Ok, I'm trying an experiment. I've just started seriously using Evernote to work on my MSc thesis.

It's great! Combined with Swype on both my Android devices I can easily jot notes, take screenshots and link in references as I go along. I'm wondering why I never used it before. It's going to change my life.

Here is a photo of my desktop client showing how I've used Evernote to pick up relevant parts of my reading list.

From the photo you can see I've tagged the note with relevant keywords, and inserted images where I want to quote equations.

What else?  Oh yes, I wrote this entirely in Evernote as a note and then sent it to Blogger by email through the "share" feature :-)

Oh and did I mention the search feature?  Evernote has implemented OCR (character recognition) so that your searches will also give results for words that are in images.  How cool is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment